COVID-19 Update May 8th 2020
We have been one of the lucky industries allowed to open our doors to the public. We are very excited to see our loyal customers in person again!
That being said, we will be reopening our doors in a manner which is safest for our staff and our customers. For the past several weeks all of our efforts have been placed on developing an online system that would give you full access to our plants. This means that the outdoor garden centre area is not at the usual high standards that we like to keep it. Please be patient with us as we adapt once again to an entire new set of guidelines.
Our website www.beyondthehouse.ca is up and running. There you can find pictures and descriptions of all items that we currently have in stock, as well as what will be arriving in the next few weeks. Items can be purchased directly from the site and curbside pickup and delivery will continue to be available.
If you are the type of person who wishes to see before they buy, we recommend that you peruse the site first to get an idea of what you are looking for. This way, you can make a list and we can help you get it together quickly once you arrive. Please remember that due to the limited number of people allowed in the greenhouse, taking the time to browse for long periods of time will not be possible. You will need to have a plan of what you are looking for so that we can move people through in an efficient and timely manner. Thank you for your understanding.
Please read the following guidelines carefully:
1) We are restricting the number of customers in the greenhouse and nursery area to the number of available carts. If you do not see a cart, please be prepared to wait in line outside until one becomes available.
2) It is strongly recommended that only one person per household shop at any given time in the greenhouse. We will accomodate couples who wish to book an appointment to discuss landscaping needs. Please call the store at 613.445.5214 to book an appointment.
3)We do not recommend bringing young children who may have trouble following the social distancing protocols.
4) The gift store will not reopen until next week, however we will have a display of Mother's Day gift items on the front porch.
5) As the indoor cash area will not be accessible to customers, your plants will be brought inside by one of our staff members. Items will be scanned and you will then be asked to pay at the front door, using tap only. Cash will not be accepted. You can then load all items in your car and return the cart to the side door of the greenhouse.
6) All carts will be disinfected before the next customer is allowed to use them. Please ask before taking a cart outside to ensure it has been cleaned.
7) Please maintain social distancing from both employees and other customers. Our staff will be wearing masks and gloves. We strongly recommend that you also be wearing a mask.
8) If customers show any signs of the virus, they will not be allowed to enter the premises. We reserve the right to ask customers to leave if they refuse to follow the above listed guidelines.
to remain safe and healthy.
- Cindy Cluett